The Paper Bag Princess Activities and Graphic Organizers Book Companion
Also included in
- Explore this determination and persistence bundle of picture books filled with comprehension and literacy activities.Help your students strengthen their comprehension skills while digging deeper into determination-related picture books with this comprehensive set of activities. The determination actPrice $52.00Original Price $77.35Save $25.35
- The picture books in this bundle show female characters' achieving their goals and who:take on board the advice of othersmake mistakes and learns from themkeep trying after failures or mistakeshave goals and work to achieve themshow empathy and compassionask questions to develop their understandingaPrice $65.00Original Price $100.55Save $35.55
- This Gender Roles growing bundle includes graphic organizers for the following picture books:⭐️Rosie Revere, EngineerRosie Revere, Engineer promotes a growth mindset, perseverance, problem-solving and creative thinking and reflects that it is okay if things don't work the first time when pursuing ourPrice $24.00Original Price $34.85Save $10.85
Are you looking for an engaging way to teach reading comprehension strategies? Look no further! Help your students strengthen their comprehension skills while digging deeper into The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch with this comprehensive set of activities.
The Paper Bag Princess literacy activities are fun, easy to use, differentiated, and specifically connected to the book through imagery and quotes.
The worksheets are open-ended, so your students can work at their own level, and you can assess their understanding.
The Paper Bag Princess promotes courage, gender roles, and Initiative and reflects that 'happily ever after' is different for everyone, beauty is skin deep, and appearances can be misleading.
These themes are reinforced further with The Paper Bag Princess read-aloud questions for you to use before, during and after reading the book. Try some of The Paper Bag Princess questions in your classroom today by visiting this blog post.
Find everything you need in one time-saving literacy resource for The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch.
Prep is quick and easy. Just print the student pages you need, and you are ready to deliver fun and engaging lessons! All you need to prepare is the book!
The Paper Bag Princess literacy resource includes NO-PREP graphic organizers covering different comprehension skills.
- Asking and answering questions
- Author’s purpose
- Cause and effect
- Character traits
- Compare and contrast
- Inferring and predicting
- Main idea and theme
- Making connections
- Point of view
- Problem and solution
- Retelling and sequencing
Your students will love practicing comprehension skills in engaging ways, engaging in active and meaningful discussions, working on challenging but achievable activities suitable for different abilities, making connections with their own experiences and playing cut-and-stick activities and games.
- Activities and games related to the cause and effect in The Paper Bag Princess.
- Activities explore the character traits in The Paper Bag Princess, along with anchor chart labels.
- The read-aloud questions come as a list, individual cards and as sticky note templates. The Paper Bag Princess questions include inference, prediction, making connections, point of view, character traits and much more!
- The Paper Bag Princess inferring and predicting activities.
- Main idea and theme with specific examples related to The Paper Bag Princess.
- Making connections to the themes and actions in The Paper Bag Princess, including text-to-self, text-to-text, and text-to-world.
- Point of view activities related to the characters, author and narrator of The Paper Bag Princess.
- The Paper Bag Princess retelling and sequencing activities with text and visual images, including black and white and colored versions.
Each comprehension skill has activities with different difficulty levels, so all you have to do is choose the best pages for your student’s needs.
Many of The Paper Bag Princess activities have boxes your students can respond to with text or illustrations, depending on their ability.
This resource is perfect for:
- reading and writing workshops
- guiding reading
- literacy centers
- substitute plans
- small group instruction
- independent work
The Paper Bag Princess book companion is a supplemental product. You can choose the most relevant pages for your needs and the ability and understanding of your students.
The purple text on the ‘Teacher Notes’ pages is specific to the book, for example, ideas for sequencing and the main idea and theme.
The Paper Bag Princess book activities and questions and activities are opinion based and open-ended for easy differentiation.
Please ask any questions before purchasing.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
"I used this resource for Gr 1-6 students on Paper Bag Princess Week in the Library. I like how each characteristic of the story had a section with varying levels of work that could be done for it. The options for activities in the pack were endless for the book!" - Jennifer
⭐️ Bundle & SAVE ⭐️
You will find this literacy resource in the following money-saving bundles:
You may also enjoy…
Copyright © Children’s Library Lady
This product is for individual single-classroom use only. Copying, altering, redistributing, editing, or re-selling anything from this product is strictly forbidden.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.