This resource is a fully editable and informative 78 slide PowerPoint on the Paralympic Games, their origin and development and on the Rio de Janeiro Paralympic Games taking place in September 2016.
The PowerPoint isdivided into the following sections
• The History of Paralympic Sport
• The Paralympic Games – Motto, Logo, Flag, Anthem, Core Values.
• Inspirational International Paralympians – George Eyser, Karoly Takacs, Trischa Zorn, Natalia Partyka, Olivér Halassy, Lis Hartel, Jonas Jacobsson, Michael Edgson, Franz Nietlispach, Esther
Vergeer, David Weir, Sarah Storey, Mike Kenny, David
Roberts, Tanni Grey-Thompson, David Lee Pearson and Martine Wright.
• Rio 2016 Paralympic Games – Paralympic Mascot, the stadiums and venues at Rio de Janeiro, the 23 sports taking place.
The resource also contains hyperlinks to videos of:
- A brief History of the Paralympic Games.
- ‘Paralympic Anthem’ - ‘Hymn de l’Avenir.’
- Martine Wright’s inspirational story.
- Tanni Grey-Thompson Interview
- Sarah Storey Interview
- The Olympic and Paralympic Mascots - Vinicius and Tom.
- Information about Para-Canoeing, Athletics, Equestrian, Powerlifting, Shooting, Swimming
- A 'sneak' preview of the Rio Paralympics