The Party Emergent Reader: (February) -
This emergent reader, “The Party” is connected to several CCGPS listed below. This 7 page book is designed so that you can copy the book, cut it in half, staple, and then it is ready for use. The 7 pages consist of a title page “The Party” then each of the remaining six pages contains a black and white picture at the top of each page and sentences under the picture.
This emergent reader focuses on the following sight words: here, are, the, they, is, and it.
Look at the preview to see each page included.
Students can benefit from this reader by tracking print, identifying spaces between words, identifying particular letters of the alphabet, recognizing sounds (beginning, middle, and ending) in each word, and reading sight words and grade level text. For extension activities, students could add another sentence to each page to add details. The black and white pictures allow students the opportunity to color the pictures. This reader is great for guided reading groups, homework, or literacy center activities.
ELACCKRF1a. Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page-by-page.
ELACCKRF1b. Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
ELACCKRF1c. Understand that words are separated by spaces in print. ELACCKRF3a. Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary or many of more frequent sounds for each consonant.
ELACCKRF3c. Read common high-frequency words by sight.
ELACCKRF4. Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.
**********Please follow me by clicking on the green star by my picture above to be notified of new products and freebies!**********
You may also like
1. Ten Frames 0-10 Winter (Fill in the Ten Frames)
2. Ten Frames 0-10 Winter
3. Ten Frames 11-20 Winter
1. Sight Words (Match & Write)
2. Pocket Chart Sentences (I-see-a)
Literacy & Math
1. Winter Print & Learn Literacy & Math-Kindergarten
2. Morning Work (February)
Numbers and Number Words
1. Numbers and Sets to 10 Winter
2. Write Numbers 0-20
3. Mittens Numbers and Number Words Sequencing
4. Penguins Numbers and Number Words Sequencing
5. Snowman Numbers and Number Words Sequencing
6. Number Sequencing 0-20 Hearts (February)
1. Emergent Reader: Mittens (Ten Frames and Number Words)
2. Emergent Reader: Snowflakes
3. Emergent Reader: Hearts
4. Emergent Reader: The Party (February)
Reading & Writing
1. Scrambled Sentences (February)
2. February Words Book (Sentence Writing)
3. Fix It Up Sentences (February)
4. Snowman Read and Write
5. Winter Read and Write
Addition & Subtraction
1. Addition Numbers and Number Words Cut and Paste (Sums to 10 and 20)
2. Subtraction Word Problems (February)
3. February Addition Story Problems Book (Sums to 10)
4. February Subtraction Story Problems Book (From 10)
5. Addition Word Problems (February)
6. Subtraction Problems with Manipulatives (February)
7. Addition Problems with Manipulatives (February)
1. Writing Through the Year
2. Writing Center Packet (February)
3. Winter Words (Sentence Writing)
4. Opinion Writing: 100th Day of School
5. Opinion Writing: Holidays
6. Opinion Writing: Favorite Valentine Gift
7. Opinion Writing: Polar Animals
1. Beginning Sounds (February)
1. Direction Pictures (Chevron)
Please visit me at
Thanks for stopping by.