THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER READING THE BOOK.
A NOTE ABOUT THE PRODUCT: These puzzles are fun but challenging. Teachers may want to insert letter hints before copying, allow extra time, or have students work in pairs.
Each of these QUOTEFALLS contains a quotation from THE PEARL. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters into the puzzle grid, using a process of elimination.
QUOTEFALLS require students to use their knowledge of the book, along with their knowledge of spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language! Students love these puzzles!
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE A SAMPLE PUZZLE!
Perfect activities for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day!
QUOTEFALLS for high school:
* The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
* Animal Farm
* Catcher in the Rye
* A Christmas Carol
* The Crucible
* The Grapes of Wrath
* The Great Gatsby
* King Lear
* The Merchant of Venice
* A Midsummer Night's Dream
* Of Mice and Men
* Oedipus Rex
* The Pearl
* A Raisin in the Sun
* The Scarlet Letter
* The Taming of the Shrew
* The Tempest
* To Kill a Mockingbird
Take a look at my new LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER products based on my years “in the trenches”--great writing lessons!
Here are fun and challenging products over THE PEARL—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
• Bookmarks Plus: THE PEARL edition—Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• THE PEARL: Analogy Vocabulary Crossword—Challenging! Students complete both synonym and antonym analogies over challenging words from the story.
• THE PEARL: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—A Great Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE PEARL: Word Search—25 Animals from the Story w/Hidden Message Hidden message: Money is the root of all evil.
• THE PEARL: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two!Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrase. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!