THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER READINGTHE BOOK.
The clues in these 10 puzzles contain two-word phrases from THE PEARL. But there's a catch: the two words, while retaining the original letter order, have been merged into one, and the second word may begin before the first! Students must decipher the two words to solve each puzzle.
Not as easy as it sounds! A good spelling workout! SEE THE PREVIEW FOR EXAMPLES.
OTHER MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITIONS OF WORD MERGES!
* Across Five Aprils
* Anne Frank Remembered
* Farewell to Manzanar
* The Hunger Games
* The Light in the Forest
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* Nothing But the Truth
* The Outsiders
* The Pearl
* The Summer of the Swans
* There’s a Girl in My Hammerlock
* Walk Two Moons
* The Witch of Blackbird Pond
Here are my unique resources over THE PEARL—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE PEARL edition—Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• THE PEARL: Vocabulary Crossword—Companion Product to Bookmarks Plus! Students provide synonyms for 25 challenging words from the book, the same words from THE PEARL edition of Bookmarks Plus. Reinforce meaning by using both products!
• THE PEARL: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—A Great Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE PEARL: Word Search—25 Animals from the Story w/Hidden Message Hidden message: Money is the root of all evil.
• THE PEARL: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two!Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrase. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!