This word search contains 25 names of animals from THE PEARL. After students locate the names, they transfer uncircled letters from the puzzle to the blanks below to complete the hidden phrase from the book: MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL.
Here are my unique resources over THE PEARL—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE PEARL edition—Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of main characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! A lot of helpful information at students’ fingertips! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• THE PEARL: Vocabulary Crossword—Companion Product to Bookmarks Plus! Students provide synonyms for 25 challenging words from the book, the same words from THE PEARL edition of Bookmarks Plus. Reinforce meaning by using both products!
• THE PEARL: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—A Great Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE PEARL: Word Search—25 Animals from the Story w/Hidden Message Hidden message: Money is the root of all evil.
• THE PEARL: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two!Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrase. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!