Also included in
- This unit bundle for The Pearl by John Steinbeck guides and challenges students to analyze plot, characterization, conflict, and symbolism in the classic novella. This resource includes nonfiction background activities, projects and vocabulary materials, full lessons, a study guide, and a final test$18.99$29.12Save $10.13
Introduce your study of The Pearl by John Steinbeck with these anticipation and background activities. You get a biographical activity on John Steinbeck and a non-fiction activity about Cortez Pearls. These activities use two videos and two articles (found for free online) and can be used with Interactive Notebooks, as traditional worksheet, or digitally. You can do this as a whole class or as a station activity.
1. Biography activity (15-20 min) - sources & questions
2. Cortez Pearl activity (30-45 min) - sources & questions
3. Answer Key
4. Full digital version (fillable Google Slides
5. Plain text version for screen readers
These materials are presented as a .pdf and are not editable. You do have the option to add slides with additional background sources to the digital version. Thank you for understanding!
Did you know that you can receive credit towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
Blog: Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA