The Pearl by John Steinbeck Chapter 3 Activity Packet
This is a very comprehensive bundle of instructional resources and activities related to Chapter 3 of John Steinbeck’s classic novel, the Pearl. I think your students will enjoy this bundle which includes.
1) A Comprehension Chapter 3 Questions and Quotes activity
Students answer questions and analyze the significance of important quotations from this chapter. Answer keys are included.
2) Chapter 3 Scavenger hunt for information: This is a 31 question active reading scavenger hunt where students actively hunt for information while they read. These scavenger hunts are meant to enhance enjoyment and check for understanding. They are always a hit with my high school kids. Answer sheets are included.
3) A Chapter 3 Word Detective/Word Attack vocabulary activity.
Students act as vocabulary detectives using their word attack skills to determine the meaning, of new words in context using actual dialogues and narration from the story. They are also asked to provide synonyms and identify parts of speech. There are also questions related to figurative language and word variation. Answer sheets are again included.
4) The Pearl Chapter 3 Crossword: A crossword puzzle related to characters, events, vocabulary, and figurative language in chapter 3.
5) The Pearl Chapter 3 Graphic Organizer-An active reading graphic organizer that allows your students to track characters' thoughts and words as they learn of Kino's great discovery of the Pearl of the Word.
Again I think that your kids will enjoy this comprehensive and interesting packet of instructional activities
If you like these ideas, there is an entire novel bundle at