Are you looking to help students conceptualize complex literary concepts, like character analysis?
This standards-aligned INTERACTIVE MINI-BOOK asks students to go deeper into understanding seven of the characters in the novel The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall: Jane; Skye; Batty; Rosalind; Mr. Penderwick; Jeffrey; and Mrs. Tifton.
Students analyze each character, choose three traits to describe him/her, and provide text evidence to support each trait. A “Character Traits” list is included for student reference.
The final page of the mini-book is a post-reading essay. Here, students explain what Jeffrey learned about himself over the course of the novel.
WHAT YOU GET WITH THIS PRODUCT:
• a 9-page character trait analysis interactive mini-book, complete with a list of character traits for student support
• a choice of two interactive mini-book covers: color and printer-friendly black & white
• a “How to Use the Mini-Book” tip sheet
• a Common Core-alignment page
• a how-to page for assembling the mini-book
THIS PRODUCT COULD BE USED:
• as comprehension checkpoints during Guided Reading, Reading Workshop, or Independent Reading
• as part of an Interactive Notebook or Reading Response Journal
• for homework assignments during a novel study or independent reading
Rating after downloading is greatly appreciated.
Yours in Literacy,