Visually attractive Christmas descriptive writing lesson complete with all resources needed for a fun engaging lesson.
Power point includes:
* Active snow scene gif title page.
* Lesson starter – post-it note activity.
* Complete lesson objectives and outcomes (WALT and WILF) - with the focus on higher attaining students to use descriptive language for effect and figurative language techniques.
* A quick warm-up exercise where students finish off Christmas sentence in descriptive language (see image on the Power Point to support ideas.)
* A recap of five language technique prompt.
* Short writing activity prompt asking students to describe their perfect Christmas scene.
* A review page encouraging some students to read out their written descriptions.
* Fantastic “The Perfect Christmas Bingo” plenary activity with teacher’s caller's card and 30
* All resources included at the end of the Power Point.
Visit my shop for more great lessons and resources:
(Snow image by Frank Norman, Flickr, Tree by Minden ami Karacsony, outdoors scene desttopnexus.com/wallpaper/676017/ bingo cards created from myfreebingocards.com.)