Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.38 MB | 33 pages
The Periodic Table. This TWO DAY package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the PowerPoint) and a student lesson handout as a word document. The PowerPoint is fun and engaging with TWO videos and a worksheet accessible right from the PowerPoint.
If you are teaching the Periodic Table and are interested in saving some money, have a look at my complete periodic table bundle which contains this lesson as well as my Periodic Table Task Card Activity, a WebQuest and Element Assignment. That bundle can be found here - The Periodic Table - The Complete Package
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the PowerPoint
- The student version of the PowerPoint
- Videos embedded into the PowerPoint
- Student worksheet
- Student lesson handout
In order, the lesson covers:
1) History – Mendeleev
2) Element squares
3) Atomic Number
4) Atomic Mass
5) Valence Electrons
6) Metals/Non-Metals and Metalloids
7) Groups and Families
You might also be interested in the following activities as they relate directly to chemical reactions and balancing.
- "A-MAZE-ING! I purchased three PowerPoint presentations from you. My students have commented several times how cool they are as we've worked through them!! I love your student version of the slides as well - really helps accommodate IEP students. Thanks so much!!!"
- "I love your products! Wish I had bought the bundle to begin with! Thanks."
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
The individual Chemistry Unit Lessons can be accessed below.