This “Periodic Table of Elements” is a PowerPoint presentation, containing 58 slides. (Please Note: There is also a PDF format available, the PDF format contains exactly the same information as shown in this PowerPoint presentation.)
If you would like to have an extensive preview of this product, there is a free PDF available, entitled "The Period Table of Elements - Free Sample". It contains the first 26 slides of this presentation.
This Period Table of Elements presentation reviews and discusses:
- what elements are,
- what the periodic table is,
- how it is arranged
- the atomic number, periods and the number of energy shells,
- the groups, or families, and electrons in the outermost energy shells (or the number of valence electrons)
- how to read and use it,
- why it is important for understanding chemical interactions
- the number of naturally occurring and laboratory produced elements
- how elements are named on the periodic table
- the categorization of elements by their properties, into metals, non-metals and metalloids ... and the further subdivisions
- and it explains who designed the periodic table
- a summary is provided at the end of the presentation.
For younger students, it's possible to remove some slides that may be too advanced for them at this stage.
The lesson starts with easy to follow information, and slowly builds on what has already been explained.