Looking for a way to practice atomic trends and electron configuration concepts? This game allows students the repetitive practice they need in order to understand these concepts, with the challenge of trying to beat their opponent! My students LOVE competition, and if yours do too, they will love this game!
This game covers the following concepts:
- Basic periodic table organization
- Electron configuration of atoms and ions (including noble gas and orbital notation)
- Periodic trends (electronegativity, ionization energy, atomic radius, ionic radius, metallic character)
o I do not teach ionization energy exceptions to my first year class, so in this game I accept answers that do not take into account the exceptions.
- History of atomic theory
The key to this game is REPETITION, getting the students to understand and use the same basic concepts OVER AND OVER AGAIN, while having the challenge of beating their opponent instead of simply filling out a worksheet.
Included in this purchase:
- game directions and 70 game questions
- worksheet to give to your students with the game questions for outside of class practice (the worksheet does not include the challenge questions that are included in the game cards) -- the worksheet is viewable under the product preview so you can verify these questions will be excellent practice for your students
- Answer key
- Game board and trail pieces
- Student help sheet summarizing periodic trends - a one page graphic organizer to help them see the big picture