Alphabet letters and sounds are the first phonics reading skills.
The Phonics Alphabet Book has been designed to help early readers connect alphabet letters to the sounds they make in order to read quickly and easily.
The Phonics Alphabet Book is unique...
• The Phonics Alphabet Book features the five vowels in RED, and consonants in BLUE. This is especially helpful for consistency if you are using red/blue magnetic letters for phonics word work.
• The Phonics Alphabet includes BOTH short and long vowel sounds...as separate sounds.
• The Phonics Alphabet includes BOTH soft & hard c and g sounds...as separate sounds.
• The Phonics Alphabet features high interest photographs. Photographs are ideal to use with ELL and older reading intervention (RTI) students because basic skills can be targeted without seeming babyish.
• The Phonics Alphabet Book features a sans serif font which is closer to student writing. Students learn that reading and writing are reciprocal skills.
• The Phonics Alphabet aligns the text on the left to help train the eye to read left to right.
• The Phonics Alphabet features simple sentences to start building high frequency word recognition and fluency...and nothing builds a confident reader faster than real reading!
The Phonics Alphabet Book is specifically designed to teach the phonics skills needed to crack the code of reading.
Have fun teaching the alphabet!
Lorrie L. Birchall
Search terms: alphabet, phonics