Literacy & Math activities for “The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!” by Mo Willems
Pigeon finds a delicious hot dog, and curious Duckling can't help but wonder what it would taste like! Teachers and kids can’t get enough of the Pigeon and his funny antics! Why not dig deeper into a story your students love with meaningful literacy and math activities to go with "The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!"
This product includes lessons and activities that can be used whole class, small group, and individually. Along with teaching activity suggestions and some anchor chart/ pocket chart printables.
- Narrative Writing (2 pages)
- Persuasive Writing (anchor chart + 3 pages)
- Adjectives (anchor chart + 2 activities)
- Text Feature Study: Speech Bubbles (Pocket Chart +10 pages at different levels)
- Retelling Puppets
- Sequence BME (2 different levels)
- Bar Graph (whole class chart & individual worksheet)
- Addition Fluency to 12 - roll and color
- Addition Fluency to 10 - tens frames