Note: This product is meant to be used after students have read the book.
The similes in these puzzles are all from THE PINBALLS. Words have been placed in letter tiles (3 words or spaces to a tile) and then broken apart and shuffled around. Students rearrange the tiles to form each simile. The number of words in each simile is provided in parentheses. Hints for the first puzzle are provided in the directions.
SHUFFLED SIMILES require students to use their knowledge of
THE PINBALLS and their knowledge of spelling and language! See preview for an example.
Featured Shuffled Similes:
* They looked like matching salt-and-pepper shakers.
* Carlie was as hard to crack as a coconut.
* He had been as pleased as if it had been a gold nugget.
***Perfect filler activities for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day!***
Here are my unique products over THE PINBALLS—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
• THE PINBALLS 12 Shuffled Similes—Fun & Unique!
Students rearrange tiles to form similes from the book.
• THE PINBALLS: 12 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas
Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
• THE PINBALLS: 2 Vocabulary Crosswords—Fun Learning!
Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• THE PINBALLS: 20 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Good Spelling Workout!!
Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE PINBALLS: 3 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords—Good Objective Review!
A great way to check students’ reading skills and understanding of the story!
• THE PINBALLS: 50 Vocabulary Analogies—Mix & Match! Students complete analogies containing challenging words. Good practice!
• THE PINBALLS: Crossword Based on Homophones from the Book—Fun!
The answers to this puzzle are pairs of cross-referenced homophone from the book. In parentheses after each clue is the clue number of that homophone’s “partner.” Students won’t know all the answers, but they can use one homophone to help solve the other. A fun spelling workout and a very unique approach to learning homophones!
• THE PINBALLS: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—One “Word” Becomes Two!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• THE PINBALL: 3 Categorized Word Searches
Categories: Characters & Names; Television Shows and Famous People (plus 2 dogs); Products. Each word search has a hidden word or phrase.
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!