These three word searches focus on different categories of nouns from The Pinballs: Characters and Names, Television Shows and Famous People (plus 2 dogs),and Products.
CHARACTERS & NAMES
TELEVISION SHOW AND FAMOUS PEOPLE (plus 2 dogs)
--plus 10 more
--plus 8 more
Fun reading-for-detail activity!
Below are my unique products over THE PINBALLS. View them in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE PINBALLS—A Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• THE PINBALL:12 Shuffled Similes—Fun & Unique! Students rearrange “tiles” to form similes from the book. Requires students to use their knowledge of the story as well as their knowledge of theme, spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
• THE PINBALLS: 2 Vocabulary Crosswords—Fun Learning! Students provide synonyms for challenging words covering chapters 1-13 and chapters 14-26. Good extra credit activity!
• THE PINBALLS: 20 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Good Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE PINBALLS: 3 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords—Good Objective Review! A great way to check students’ reading skills!
• THE PINBALLS: 50 Vocabulary Analogies—Mix & Match! Challenging, but good practice for a valuable skill.
• THE PINBALLS: Crossword Based on Homophones from the Book—Fun! Students provide homophones from the book for this crossword by referring to the numbers in parentheses after each clue. For example, the number after 19 Down “That location” is (52A). The number after 52 Across “Belonging to them” is (19D). This means that 52 Across and 19 Down are homophones. The answer to 52 Across is their, and the answer to 19 Down is there—homophones! Students can use one homophone to help solve the other!
• THE PINBALLS: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• THE PINBALL: 3 Categorized Word Searches Based on the Book! Categories: Characters & Names; Television Shows & Famous People (plus 2 dogs); Products
• THE PINBALLS: 12 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Educational Products
more than 800 unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!