Note: This crossword is meant to be used after students have read the book.
* One of Mrs. Mason’s sisters (HELEN)
* TV star: ___ Orlando (TONY)
* How often Harvey’s mom writes letters to him (NEVER)
* what’s under Jefferson’s mattress (COINS)
* Carlie and Thomas J’s birthday month (AUGUST)
* According to Carlie, Harvey’s father is a Rotten ___ (BUM)
* Famous NFL quarterback: ___ Namath (JOE)
Tests students' reading-for-detail skills in a fun way! Great review for objective tests or as an extra credit opportunity!
• THE PINBALLS 12 Shuffled Similes—Fun & Unique!
Students rearrange tiles to form similes from the book.
• THE PINBALLS: 12 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas
Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
• THE PINBALLS: 2 Vocabulary Crosswords—Fun Learning!
Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• THE PINBALLS: 20 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Good Spelling Workout!!
Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE PINBALLS: Reading-for-Detail Crossword—Good Objective Review!
A great way to check students’ reading skills and understanding of the story!
• THE PINBALLS: 50 Vocabulary Analogies—Mix & Match! Students complete analogies containing challenging words. Good practice!
• THE PINBALLS: Crossword Based on Homophones from the Book—Fun!
The answers to this puzzle are pairs of cross-referenced homophone from the book. In parentheses after each clue is the clue number of that homophone’s “partner.” Students won’t know all the answers, but they can use one homophone to help solve the other. A fun spelling workout and a very unique approach to learning homophones!
• THE PINBALLS: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—One “Word” Becomes Two!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• THE PINBALL: 3 Categorized Word Searches
Categories: Characters & Names; Television Shows and Famous People (plus 2 dogs); Products. Each word search has a hidden word or phrase.
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!