The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the setting.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! The bookmarks are also provided in both a color version and a black and white version.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FILE AND RECEIVE A FREE EDITION OF BOOKMARKS PLUS!
Note that the 25 words on the Words to Know list of the bookmarks are covered in my 50 Vocabulary Analogies product as well as my 25 Vocabulary Analogies product (see list below). Use all three products to reinforce meaning!
Elementary editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS:
• The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
• Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days
• Because of Winn-Dixie
• Beezus and Ramona
• The Best School Year Ever
• Blood on the River
• Bridge to Terabithia
• Bud, Not Buddy
• Call It Courage
• Catherine Called Birdy
• The Cay
• Charlotte’s Web
• The Clay Marble
• Cryptid Hunters
• A Day No Pigs Would Die
• Dead End in Norvelt
• The Devil’s Arithmetic
• Diary of a Wimpy Kid
• Dicey’s Song
• The Egypt Game
• Esperanza Rising
• Found, Book 1: The Missing
• Freak the Mighty
• From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
• Glory Be
• Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
• In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson
• Island of the Blue Dolphins
• Jacob Have I Loved
• James and the Giant Peach
• Julie of the Wolves
• The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
• Lupita Mañana
• The Magician’s Nephew
• Maniac Magee
• The Midwife’s Apprentice
• Missing May
• Moon Over Manifest
• The Mouse and the Motorcycle
• The Night Tourist
• Number the Stars
• Old Yeller
• One Crazy Summer
• The Pinballs
• Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
• Running Out of Time
• Sarah, Plain and Tall
• Shakespeare’s Secret
• Shooting the Moon
• The Sign of the Beaver
• Sing Down the Moon
• A Single Shard
• Stone Fox
• Summer of the Monkeys
• The Tale of Despereaux
• Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
• The Tiger Rising
• The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
• Tuck Everlasting
• The Watsons Go to Birmingham—1963
• When You Reach Me
• When Zachary Beaver Came to Town
• Where the Red Fern Grows
• The Whipping Boy
• A Wrinkle in Time
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Check out my 100s of fun and educational products at my store by clicking on my name above!
Here are my unique products over THE PINBALLS—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
• THE PINBALLS 12 Shuffled Similes—Fun & Unique!
Students rearrange tiles to form similes from the book.
• THE PINBALLS: 12 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas
Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
• THE PINBALLS: 2 Vocabulary Crosswords—Fun Learning!
Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• THE PINBALLS: 20 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Good Spelling Workout!!
Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE PINBALLS: 3 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords—Good Objective Review!
A great way to check students’ reading skills and understanding of the story!
• THE PINBALLS: 25 Vocabulary Analogies—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Students complete analogies containing the 25 Words to Know from The Pinballs edition of Bookmarks Plus. Good practice for standardized tests!
• THE PINBALLS: 50 Vocabulary Analogies—Mix & Match! Students complete analogies containing challenging words. Good practice!
• THE PINBALLS: Crossword Based on Homophones from the Book—Fun!
The answers to this puzzle are pairs of cross-referenced homophone from the book. In parentheses after each clue is the clue number of that homophone’s “partner.” Students won’t know all the answers, but they can use one homophone to help solve the other. A fun spelling workout and a very unique approach to learning homophones!
• THE PINBALLS: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—One “Word” Becomes Two!
Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• THE PINBALL: 3 Categorized Word Searches
Categories: Characters & Names; Television Shows and Famous People (plus 2 dogs); Products. Each word search has a hidden word or phrase.
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!