A book a week: The Pirate Chief (Wild Wicked Winifred) by Pat Edwards
Read the book daily for a week and complete a activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Recall/Matchup/Sequencing – 3 options available. 1. Recall 5 things a pirate needs (drawing). 2. Recall 5 things a pirate needs by matching up story words to pictures. 3. Cut and sequence story events.
2. Multiple Choice Comprehension
3. Word Work– students match story words, change letters to make new words and find base words in story words.
4. Cloze comprehension– two options available.
5. Writing – students write about what they would do if they were a pirate chief. Brainstorm first. Template provided, but use blank/lined paper if preferred.
6. Pre-Reading Word list. Print/enlarge and read though story words as a pre-reading activity.
7. Word Work Adjective sort.
8. Word Search
9. Suggestions for Art/Craft (some not my ideas)
10. Story words – print out and create a word wall
All activities were created with early Year/Grade 1 in mind!
Prefer a different font? Just ask.. if I can, I will!
Come find me on Facebook - just search for "Miss Simplicity's Classroom"