PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
8.3 MB | 9 pages
This product features 3 engaging, differentiated activities that focus on the rich sensory details of Edgar Allan Poe's ultimate tale of torture, "The Pit and the Pendulum." The activities span before, during, and after reading the story with the intent to not only identify the sensory details, but to analyze their importance and how they add to the reader's experience with the tale. The activities support multiple learning styles so that all students walk away from this difficult story with an entirely new appreciation for Poe's incredible use of the English language while having fun at the same time!
- Anticipation Guide - "Creative Quick-Write and Story Time"
- Sensory Detail Drawing Activity
- Sensory Detail Chart
- Suggested Lesson Plan for Anticipation Guide (Before Reading)
- Suggested Lesson Plan for Sensory Detail Study (During Reading)
- Sensory Detail Analysis Open Response (After Reading)
You can also purchase this product as a part of a comprehensive literature guide for "The Pit and the Pendulum":