Students will learn about the types of multi-cellular organisms that make up the kingdom of plants.
- recognize plants as belonging to one of four categories
- determine the category type of specific plants
- recognize different plant types in the neighborhood and classify according to category
- research a plant to determine its name, type, and label its parts
- dissect two plants and compare their inner structure
- conduct an experiment to understand a plant’s vascular system
- identify and describe special adaptations of certain plants
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.