This tool was created to help students practice creating a simple business plan. The tool provides insight into what a business plan is, why it is needed, and guides students through the creation of the key areas that every business plan needs.
Students will get to:
● Think critically to generate their own business ideas.
● Think creatively to come up with a unique name for their business.
● Learn about marketing to develop their own marketing plan.
● Use math skills to generate a financial plan.
● Summarize business data to present a final business plan to class/teacher.
Instructions For Use:
Teachers can use this tool in one sitting for higher grades, or over the time span of a few class sessions for lower grades. As such, the business plan can be given to students in sections across different class sessions, i.e. Business Opportunity, Marketing Plan, Financial Plan, or the whole business plan all at once to complete at their own pace. To get the most out of the business plan, it is recommended that students take their time with each section so they can think through all of their different ideas, the concepts revealed, and the figures to calculate for their plan.
To wrap the project up, the last page is a summary of the business plan, and can be filled in and presented, along with a presentation of the business (presenting either a logo/advertisement) to the class.