The ActivInspire flipchart “The Police Officers Save the Day” will pique your young students’ interest and keep them engaged as they learn about this community helper. Students with autism and developmental delays will increase their receptive and expressive vocabulary including both core words (i.e. in, go) and fringe words. This flipchart is perfect for students with language impairments who require visual supports for comprehension. The story begins with two police officers and their police dog riding down the street in the police car. The police officers see trouble and come to the rescue. Your students help save the day by using the interactive features to have the officers yell, “Stop!” to the thief, take him to the police station and return the money to the bank. At the end of the story, your students will be cheering. The students use the visuals and interactive features in the “Visual Dictionary” section to learn new vocabulary words. To reinforce their comprehension and improve their picture matching skills, the “I Spy” game requires the child to find and circle the pictures of the newly-introduced vocabulary words in a scene. This flipchart can be used for small group instruction at the computer and in whole-group settings using an interactive whiteboard. Students take turns reading and activating the interactive features.
This flipchart lesson includes:
• "I can" statements
• notes browser (yellow note icon) explains features for interactive pages
• simple, interactive Table of Contents/lesson schedule
• visual dictionary for vocabulary relating to a police officer (police officers, police station, police car, etc.)
• interactive story that demonstrates the meaning of vocabulary words
• visual sentence strips to aid in reading comprehension
• an “I Spy” game that requires matching pictures of vocabulary words to pictures in a scene
• an interactive survey (“Did you like the story?”)
• lesson closure page
Please come back to our store as we continue to add more flipchart activities!
**Must have ActivInspire software.**
***The FREE personal edition of ActivInspire can be downloaded from Promethean World***