I really love embedding questions and text-marking within the reading! Therefore, I began making my own Interactive Readers to focus on what I wanted to in my readings.
This unit delves into characterization and character motivation, focusing on the short story The Possibility of Evil by Shirley Jackson. Inferences and moral dilemmas are also woven into the discussion. The assessments, a multiple choice test and a written response, both are modeled after EOC style questions.
The following are the pieces included in this unit:
1. Vocabulary List
2. Characterization and Character Motivation ppt (notes and activity)
3. Making Inferences ppt (notes and activity)
4. Kohlberg moral Dilemmas (readings with questions)
5. Possibility of Evil Interactive Reader with after-reading questions
6. Possibility of Evil Multiple Choice Test
7. Possibility of Evil Written Assessment
8. Test Answer Key
9. Written Assessment Point Breakdown
To maintain the design and organization element, some of these items have both a word and PDF version due to varying fonts.
If you have any questions or would like any clarification, please do not hesitate to message me directly!