To summarize important events which occurred during the 25-year period following World War II.
1 class period
Many events that occurred during the 25-year period following the end of World War II in 1945 are described on the lesson pages. These events are arranged into the following categories.
• United Nations Established (1945)
• Chinese Civil War (1945-1949)
• Beginning of the Cold War (1945)
• Advances in Electronics (1946)
• Israel Created/First Arab-Israeli War (1948)
• Korean War (1950-1953)
• Sputnik and the Space Race (1957)
• Common Market Forms in Europe (1957)
• Bay of Pigs Invasion of Cuba (1961)
• Berlin Wall Erected (1961)
• Cuban Missile Crisis (1962)
• Cultural Revolution in China
• Six Days’ War in the Middle East (1967)
• Prague Spring Movement in Czechoslovakia (1968)
As class members read through the sentences, they must fill in missing words, names, and terms. One or more letters in each answer are given as clues.
Students can be given the option of working individually or with one other student.
Easy-to-follow Teacher Instructions and answer key included, along with a 20-question follow up quiz to measure student progress. The quiz can also be given as a homework assignment or used as a review exercise later in the school year..