This is the activity book I sent home as part of my end of the year gift to my students!
The activities in this book go with the book "The Pout-Pout Fish" by Deborah Diesen.
There are 6 activities included:
1. Identifying and drawing the main character and completing the sentence.
2. Finding characters from the text and writing their names beside the corresponding picture.
3. Drawing and labeling things you might find in the ocean.
4. Text-to-Self Connection Writing: Mr. Fish was sad but a kiss made him feel better. Write about a time when you felt sad but something made you feel better.
5. Opinion Writing: What was your favourite part of the story? Why?
6. Comprehension Checks: 5 questions to support the parents in asking a variety of rich questions to deepen their comprehension skills!
*There are writing pages with and without the traceable sentence starters. I also included the comprehension checks without the parent prompt so you could use it in class if you wanted to!
Easy to prep! Just print, copy, slice in half with a paper cutter and staple!
Perfect to leave for a sub too!
I hope you and your kids enjoy this activity book!
• Kindergarten Summer Activities (Literacy + Math)
• FREE Kindergarten Memory Book
Looking for more? Take a little time to EXPLORE!
♦ BEST SELLING Editable Teaching Portfolio