This packet is a perfect companion to be used with the book "The Pout Pout Fish Goest To School"
by Deborah Diesen. This book companion addresses multiple language goals
including but not limited to comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, inferencing, and emotions. The activities included are created specifically for language intervention, but can be used within the classroom or literacy centers as well.
When you purchase "The Pout Pout Fish Goes To School: A Book Companion for Language" you will receive BOTH
a color version as well as a black and white version. You decide which version works best for you and your printer!
Here's what's included:
→ Story Elements ←
• Use this worksheet to identify setting, characters, problem, and solution.
→ Vocabulary ←
• 7 Tier 1 Vocabulary Cards: Use these cards for receptive identification or expressive labeling tasks.
• 11 Tier 2 Vocabulary Cards: Use these cards to teach vocabulary and definitions, as well as demonstrate understanding of the vocabulary word.
• 2 worksheets to practice using Tier 2 Vocabulary in sentences.
→ Comprehension Questions ←
• 11 Expressive Comprehension Questions: Use these cards to ask your students questions related to the story.
• 7 Receptive Comprehension Questions: Use these cards to ask your students questions related to the story with answers provided in a field of 3.
→ Regular and Irregular Verbs ←
• 11 cards with sentence prompts to practice past tense verbs related to the story.
• 2 worksheets to practice use of past these verbs with answer keys.
→ Regular and Irregular Nouns ←
• 11 cards with sentence prompts to practice plural nouns related to the story.
• 2 worksheets to practice use of plural nouns with answer keys.
→ Categories ←
• 2 category sorts related to numbers/letters and back to school objects/food
→ Synonyms and Antonyms ←
• 1 Synonym and 1 Antonym Visual
• 17 Synonym or Antonym Cards: Use these cards to determine if the word pairs are synonyms or antonyms.
• 16 Match A Synonym Pairs: Use these cards to play a matching game.
• 16 Match An Antonym Pairs: Use these cards to play a matching game.
→ Inferencing ←
• 8 Guess What I Need! inferencing cards related to school supplies.
→ Attributes/Describing ←
• 6 graphic organizers to help describe various school supplies.
→ Emotions ←
• 11 Draw My Face Cards: Use these cards to draw appropriate facial features related to information on the card.
→ Positive Affirmation←
• 2 positive affirmation worksheets to practice making polite or positive comments to peers.
→ You may also like these vocabulary products: ←
If You Take A Mouse To School: A Book Companion For Language
The Kissing Hand: Book Companion
The Three Little Fish And The Big Bad Shark: Book Companion For Language
When The Leaf Blew In: A Book Companion For Language
✺ Note: The Speech Owl is in no way associated with this book or author. You must purchase this book separately to use with the companion. ✺
☛ Please feel free to ask any questions you may have before purchasing! ☚
★ Also, follow my store to receive notifications when I post new products. New products are 50% off for the first 24 hours after they are posted.
☑ Don't forget to leave feedback to receive credits towards future purchases!
The Speech Owl