The following is a comprehensive worksheet and PowerPoint bundle (3 days – 75 minute periods) on the domestic policy of President Andrew Jackson. This worksheet/PowerPoint offers a variety of student-centered activities designed to develop critical thinking abilities and promote discussion. The following aspects of Jackson’s Presidency are covered:
• Various fun facts about Jackson
• Election of 1824 – The Corrupt Bargain
• Election of 1828
• Jackson’s Inauguration
• Spoils system
• Nullification Crisis
• Indian Removal and the Trail of Tears
• The Bank War and the Panic of 1837
Several activities include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Multiple primary and secondary source documents with numerous critical thinking questions that follow
• Two video clips – one included, link provided for second video.
• Bank Veto Message writing activity
• Presidential Report Card activity
• An incredible amount of questions and discussion opportunities included.
Purchase this bundle and save $1.00 compared to the purchase of both separately.
The 21-slide PowerPoint traces Jackson’s rise to power starting with the 1824 election and finishing with the Panic of 1837 brought on by the killing of the Second National Bank. Included are numerous photographs, political cartoons, notes, charts, and over a dozen additional questions designed to promote critical thinking and class discussion.
I do offer the Andrew Jackson PowerPoint presentation and worksheet separately on TPT.
The Presidency of Andrew Jackson PowerPoint - US History Common Core
The Presidency of Andrew Jackson worksheet - US History Common Core
Also available, an extension pair of documents on nullification:
The Nullification Crisis - Andrew Jackson - USH/APUSH
Also available, a portion of this worksheet on Indian Removal:
Jackson's Indian Removal Policy worksheet - US History/APUSH
Since the worksheet is a Word document, feel free to edit it in any way you see fit. Please rate this bundle if you decide to purchase it. Finally, please follow me in order to receive notifications about newly uploaded products. Thank you so much!