The following is a 2-3 day (75 minute periods) common core compliant worksheet/video bundle on the Presidency of Thomas Jefferson. This lesson contains a variety of student-centered activities designed to promote active engagement and class discussion.
Topics covered include:
• Thomas Jefferson’s First Inaugural Address
• Jefferson’s Domestic and Foreign policy
• Louisiana Purchase
• Lewis and Clark Expedition
• First Barbary War
• Embargo Act
Activities contained in this lesson include:
• do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• video clip on Lewis and Cark (video included)
• primary and secondary source analysis
• What Would Jefferson Do? Activity
• Political cartoon analysis
• Wrap it up – Thesis writing activity
• Enormous opportunities for class discussion
• Over 35 fact-based and critical thinking questions!
Also included in the worksheet are several images including a map, a chart, and other images that help bring history to life.
Also separately available, individual components of this lesson/worksheet:
The Embargo Act Political Cartoon - USH/APUSH
"First Inaugural Address" - Thomas Jefferson - USH/APUSH
Also separately available, an extension assignment on Barbary Wars:
Jefferson and the Barbary Pirates - Reading with Questions - USH/APUSH
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have about this or any other product I offer. Follow me to receive updates when newly uploaded products become available. Please take a moment to rate this bundle! Thanks!