This 100+ page packet is perfect for small group guided reading, but it has also been used in a whole group setting for a read aloud or as a packet for independent students to work on at their own pace.
NO PREP, low prep, and minor center prep options are included. Suggested use pages to guide your instruction are also included at the beginning of each category.
1. Princess in Black Blackline Packet Cover (or coloring page)
2. Vocabulary Suggested Use Ideas
3. Blackline Vocabulary Center Cards
4. Print and Go Vocabulary Recording Pages (2 choices)
5. Printable book-specific Mini-Dictionary Booklet
6. Choice Menu/Board for word work to be used with the vocabulary
7. Comprehension Question Suggested Use Ideas
8. Comprehension Question Pages (1 for each chapter)
9. Cumulative Book Review Question Page
10. Differentiated Comprehension Question Pages (1 for every 2 chapters)
11. Differentiated Sequencing Pages
12. Extended Response and Opinion Writing Pages
13. Early Finisher or Just for Fun Pages (Roll and Color, Word Search, etc.)
14. Character, Story, and Plot Analysis Pages
15. Alternate Choices for Chapter/Book Review Pages
16. Printable Summary Mini-Booklet
17. Answer Keys
The unit is structured around comprehension questions, vocabulary materials, and extension activities for The Princess in Black! There is a differentiated option available for each chapter review page as well as for many of the other materials. Answer keys are included at the end of the packet for your printing convenience.
I truly love reading and watching new chapter book readers first learn how to explore this new literary world. If you have any questions, comments, or even suggestions, please let me know. Your ideas are most welcome! I'll be dusting my pages until then at firstname.lastname@example.org.