Also included in
- This complete unit package includes a full lesson set for a complete unit on Flight. Save over 65% by purchasing this unit vs. purchasing the resources individually.Included in the package:- 4 weeks of teaching material- 6 Power Points totaling 82 slides- Flight - Bell Ringers, Class Warm-Ups, and$23.97$42.88Save $18.91
This lesson package on The Properties of Air and its relation to Flight starts with an overview of the main characteristics of flight including weight, its place in space, movement, and atmospheric pressure. It then looks at how moving air creates lift for flight, why we need air as well as some applications for the properties of air.
The package contains diagrams, examples, and explanations. It includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an inquiry activity, 5 embedded videos, and a student lesson handout as a word document that follows the lesson. Additionally, each resource comes as a Google document or slide which has already been formatted and is ready to upload to your Drive with a single click.
- Characteristics of air
- Air has weight
- Air takes up space
- Warm Air Rises and Cool Air Falls
- Atmospheric Pressure and whether
- Moving air creates lift
- Why do we need air?
- Application for the Properties of Air
- Google and Office versions of each resource
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- A collaborative challenge activity
- 5 videos embedded into the presentation
- "I broke this down into two parts. I also made clozed notes where I had all sentences in the notes and only bold/underlined certain words for students to write down. We also did the demonstrations in class for the in person group but the videos of the demos was perfect for the students at home!
- "I used the PP during our synchronous time via Zoom. Students liked the embedded videos and were engaged."
- "Made my last lesson in flight a lot easier"
- "Great Resource! Thank You!"
This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
Within my complete Flight Unit you can find the following lesson packages:
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.