The Puzzles of Drama for 5-9~ An Excerpt from the Puzzles of Literature~
As a special education teacher, I have often been asked to create materials for use in many different classrooms. To do this, takes time, energy, and creativity. I think it is so important to try to use students’ strongest learning ability. I always give my students the option of interactive notes, traditional notes, guided notes, or a copy of my notes. While this can seem overwhelming, it truly is not difficult to differentiate for many levels of learners in the classroom.
Each lesson is designed for kids to be successful, both general education and special education students. Lessons are differentiated for all students to achieve by using visual cues as well as notes. Lessons include differentiation for interactive note taking, post note taking practice, the ability to provide copies of notes for lower achieving students, and video links/supported activities throughout.
Most lesson contain video links to support instruction, a defined notes lesson with graphics, a blank note taking option with graphics, and a fully blank option with only literary terms. The lessons in this interactive include the following options.:
1. Students can take notes using the blank notes pages. The teacher can use the notes provided or create his or her own.
2. Students can highlight notes and add additional information on the provided definition notes.
3. Students can take notes with no graphics or differentiation.
4. Students can create interactive notes by cutting out the puzzle pieces. Students can glue them into a spiral to house them in an organized fashion.
5. Students can cut apart the puzzle pieces and play a matching/sort game.
6. Students can use puzzle pieces like flashcards.
7. Students can watch provided video links for additional background information. **Be sure to preview all videos prior to showing to students. **
Please follow me at LISAMILLERPHOTOS
Check out my store for more items you may like!
Canada BUNDLE Interactive, Differentiated and Guided Notes Unit Plan
Canada Interactive, Differentiated and Guided Notes Unit Plan
Canada’s Culture Interactive, Differentiated and Guided Notes Unit Plan
Interactive Notes for ELA:
Literature Differentiated, Interactive, Guided Notes for grades 5-10
Puzzles of Literature Full Edition
Novels with Interactive Notes:
A Monster Calls Novel Unit
A Monster Calls Song Analysis and Character Point of View
Code Orange Novel Unit with Interactive Notes
The Devil’s Arithmetic
Freak the Mighty Novel Unit
The Graveyard Book Novel Unit
Nightjohn by Gary Paulsen Unit Plans
Red Kayak Novel Unit
Argument Paragraph Writing Unit
Literary Essay using Lob’s Girl