- Review historical context for the Qin dynasty, Shi Huangdi, and his use of legalism
- Examine multiple primary sources and watch a video clip to determine whether Shi Huangdi was justified in his tactics to unite and order early China
- Find and plot evidence in a T-chart graphic organizer
- Debate the lesson's essential question as a class and/or develop evidence-based argumentative writing skills
- Detailed lesson plan
- Primary source excerpts
- T-chart graphic organizer
- Teacher answer key
- Video link
You may be interested in these other lessons:
"Early Chinese Dynasties: Shang, Zhou, and the Mandate of Heaven" "Ancient Chinese Philosophies: Legalism, Confucianism, and Daoism" "Confucianism in China: Historical Development and Modern Impact" "Women’s Lives in Classical China"
GET FREE TPT CREDITS:
If you use this product, please leave a review! Not only is it helpful for me, you can get feedback credits on future purchases! Simply go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Become a follower to be the first to hear about flash freebies, discounts, and new products!