This is a zipped folder of items including 7 files.
1. Lesson plan based on backwards design template (1 page Word doc)
2. Step-by-step directions (4 page Word doc)
3. Quadratic Formula 3D Puzzle (1 slide PowerPoint)
4. Discriminant Sort (1 page Word doc)
5. The Quadratic Formula Presentation (9 slides PowerPoint)
6. The Quadratic Formula Guided Notes (2 page Word Doc)
7. Warm Up and Exit Slips (2 slides PowerPoint, 4 slips to a page)
20 pages total
I ended the previous day of class with the 3D puzzle and a fun quadratic dance video (link included in step-by-step directions).
I started the next day with the warm up, review of the formula, and introduction of the discriminant. Then we did board work solving for the discriminant. Then students had a bag of six equations and had to find the discriminant of each and then sort into piles. From there we talked about the meaning of the discriminant. Then we used the same equations to solve the entire quadratic formula.
The lesson ended with the exit slip.
This was a great, interactive lesson introducing students to the quadratic formula.
Thanks for reading!