Everything you need for The Quilt Story through Pearson Reading Street!
Charts, Webs, Concept talks, Sentence Frames, Text-Based Questions, Games, Literacy Centers, Supplementary Activities, Vocabulary Cards, Practice Stations, and MUCH MORE!
This Common Core Standards Aligned Activity Packet correlates with the Scott Foreman Reading Street Series for 2nd grade. The Quilt Story is Unit 4, Week 1, but can be used as a book study as well! This packet includes everything for teachers to make Pearson as teacher friendly as possible! There are various activity/student centers for all the content covered throughout this week, including many things I find lacking as a teacher: definitions for spelling words AND academic vocabulary used throughout the week, common core-aligned reading and writing activities such as text-based/evidence-based comprehension questions, Day 1-5 concept talks with sentence frames, story sequence activities, and literature stations, etc. Student friendly directions, and every chart, table, and graphic organizer at your fingertips for the week (blank AND filled in) and MORE! THIS IS THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE WEEKLY PEARSON PACKET AVAILABLE!
• Refrigerator Page for Parents/Student Reference
• Class Quilt Activity/Art
• Daily Concept talks with Sentence Frames
• Story Sequencing Game/Activities
• Realistic fiction worksheets, graphic organizers, and reference
• ABC order spelling word activity
• Concept/Heirlooms/Treasures Webs
• Daily Writing Day 1-5
• Matching Word Cards for:
Vocabulary Words (including academic vocabulary!)
(Student Answer Keys included for all words to
promote universal access/independent practice/small group
• Daily Writing
• Retelling Writing Activity/Literacy Center
• Text-Based Comprehension Questions
• Amazing Words sentence frames and definitions
• Vocabulary Fill-in Sentence
• Adjectives- Daily Conventions, 5 Senses Sorting
• Fluent Sentence Reading
• Compare/Contrast Venn Diagrams
• Syllable Division Practice
• Prefix Web/Activity (re-, un-)
• Story Elements Chart
Thank you for checking out our store! We have lots of other second grade weekly units! Check them out!
Earn your TpT point by leaving us feedback!