Learning the R blends can be fun with this R Cousins Blends Unit. The R Cousins - Brenda, Crissy, Drew, Fred, Grace, Tracy and Preston will bring the blends to life and help your students connect to the blends.
THE UNIT INCLUDES:
• Color and B/W anchor charts about each R Cousin:
I print and laminate the color versions of each R Cousin to introduce the character. I give students the black and white version to take home and color.
• 10 page readers about each cousin that include a variety of words that use the blend:
I read the book with my students and use highlighters to find all the blends. Then, students can color the book.
• Mini-Book for each blend:
Students can color the picture, trace the word, and color the blend.
• Follow-up worksheets focusing on word building.
• Follow-up worksheets focusing on differentiating between the blend and the letter (i.e. br
• Worksheet to list blends:
I use this paper to list blends we found in the readers.
• Sound sort cut & paste:
This worksheet helps students distinguish between the 7 blends
• Color picture cards to be sorted:
I use these cards as a sound sorting literacy center.
• Fill in the blank color picture cards:
I also use these cards in a literacy center. Students use foam letters to fill in the missing blend
Check out the preview for more details!
Check out the other members of the Digraph and Blends Family! Save $3 with the Digraph and Blends Family Bundle!
The L Sisters: An L Blends Unit
The H Brothers: An H Digraph Unit
The Digraph and Blend Family BUNDLE