This packet contains motivational activities and incentives that can be used to encourage students as they work towards counting to 1,000. This “counting race” can be used when trying to help students count to 1,000 by 1s, 5s, 10s, 1,000s or all four.
1. Parent letters
a. Letter for counting by 1s, 5s, 10s, and 100s.
b. Letter for counting by 1s only.
2. Student progress sheets. These can be a full page to keep in a homework binder, or they can be printed 2 or 4 to a page to use on a bulletin board display. Place stickers on the sheet to show when students have progressed to the next level.
3. Incentive wall charts and student race cars to use with bulletin board or hall display.
4. Hundreds wall charts from 0 to 1,000. It should be noted that these hundreds charts begin with 0 instead of 1 to help students transition from one hundred to the next.
5. Boy and girl certificates.
6. Number pattern activity sheet.
7. Student hundreds chart.
8. Hundreds charts with missing numbers from 0-1,000.
9. Counting Scoot game and answer sheet.