Introduce your students to the timeless classic book, The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister. They’ll love the story of a beautiful fish who learns the rewards of sharing. (The book is sold separately in stores or online.) This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Spatial Concepts- Describe where the Rainbow Fish is in the given picture.
4. Roll-A-Rhyme- Roll a die and choose a picture card. Name the number of rhyming words as indicated on the die.
5. Following Directions- Follow directions to color and complete a picture.
6. Rainbow Fish Inspired Mad-Lib- Create your own story with new characters, places and items.
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!