The Rainbow Fish - A classic story that is loved by all students. This literacy unit is filled with activities to engage your little learners and create a love of story telling and literacy! There are 17 activities included, some with different versions, making it easy to differentiate. This no prep pack will make your planning a breeze! Choose from sequencing, character descriptions, labelling, sentence making, rhyming and much more! All you need is a copy of the story "The Rainbow Fish" and you are ready to go.
This is what is included in the pack:
1. I am a good friend when…writing prompt
2. Create your own rainbow fish
3. The rainbow fish was a good friend when…writing prompt
4. Sequencing: 3 versions to choose from
5. Compare and contrast activity
6. Character description
7. Labelling: 2 versions
8. Create an ocean scene
9. Rhyming activity
10. CVC word activity
11. Sentence making: 4 versions
12. Favourite part: 3 versions
14. If I lived in the ocean…writing prompt
16. Word Wall cards
This unit is perfect for the start of the year and will get your students excited about learning!
If you liked this unit, check out my store for my other literacy units. Keep updated by following my instagram page @mrs_mccarthys_classroom or my Facebook page Ms K's Kreations.