This week long unit was designed specifically to help English Language Learners, Pk-K students, acquire academic language by using a science lesson of the rabbit. The following activities are included in this unit.
1. Teacher Notes
2. Vocabulary Flash Cards
3. Vocabulary List with Definitions
4. Rabbit Body Parts (Cut, Paste, Draw)
5. Recommended Speaking Prompts
6. Habitat Activity
7. The Rambling Rabbit Rhyming Poem
8. The Rambling Rabbit Big Book
9. Rabbit Narratives (Drawing and Questions)
10. Letter and Word Tracing
11. Animal Classifications Chart
This unit can be used for two weeks, depending on your students. Even though the unit was designed for Pk-K, it can be used with 1st-2nd due to academic vocabulary. This is a long series with approximately 40 more lessons to come. Look at the classification chart to see the different animals that will be included in this series.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suggestions or concerns. We will be happy to work with you.