Completing this awesome context clues packet was ample cause for celebration at the 88Brains studio. Cue an exploding fist bump extravaganza quickly followed by a round of resounding high fives.
Seriously friends. We're VERY
happy with this product. Let's talk about it, shall we? (If you don't have time to talk, check out the preview file. If you do have time, you should still take a peek.)
The Context Clues:
* Synonym Clues
* Antonym Clues
* Example Clues
* Root Word Clues
* Cause-Effect Clues
* Main Idea Clues
* Figurative Language Clues (Similes & Metaphors and
Hyperbole & Onomatopoeia)
How We Break It Down:
Each clue receives the following star treatment:
* An introduction that includes a definition, an example, and an explanation
* A mulitple choice practice assignment
The best part...You get that TWICE FOR EACH CLUE! 2 pages of all that goodness :)
* An original passage that reviews the clue that was introduced before it. The cool thing about this is that we build as we go. This means that the each passage includes review for each clue you've already encountered. For example, the passage we use for root word clues also includes review for synonyms, antonymns, and example clues. WOW!
THAT'S NOT ALL
* After each passage is ANOTHER ACTIVITY!
We provide either a matching assignment (word to definition) or a super-fun crossword puzzle!
THERE'S ACTUALLY MORE
* 120 flashcards
for additional fun and practice! Yes, you read that correctly. Not one hundred. 120.
These bad boys include a mixture of each of our context clue types. The front of the card contains a sentence with an underlined word and 4 multiple choice answer choices. The back, or course, contains the correct answer.
DID WE FORGET TO MENTION
the 10-question multiple choice quiz we also provide? It's basically the cherry on top of this fantabulous context clue sundae, after all.
Can't get enough context clue practice?
You should totally check out our Intermediate level context clue packet RIGHT HERE!
And while we're at it,
several of our popular guided reading packets also include context clues mini-lessons and practice, too! Check these out:
* Charlotte's Web
* Magic Tree House: Revolutionary War on Wednesday
* Magic Tree House: Civil War on Sunday
* Stanley and the Magic Lamp
* Stanley, Flat Again
* Amber Brown is Not a Crayon
* The Chocolate Touch
* Camp Trouble
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome!
Following, Rating, and Earning Credits
* "How can I FOLLOW THE BRAINS to stay up to date on all of their new and updated products and freebies?"
♦ On the right side of the web page, beneath the Digital Download box and the "Made by 88Brains" sign, find the Green Star along with the words "Follow Me" beside it.
♦ Simply click that and PRESTO!, you're officially in the loop, so you'll always have the freshest
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.