This catchy song is a good starting point for Book week or World book day. It is suitable for non-specialists and those more confident. It has an easy to learn chorus so the children will soon pick it up. It tells the story of a child who reads at night under the duvet with a torch. The verses show the places and characters that are imagined. There is an extension in the form of a harmony for those more confident teachers. It is based on some of the words in the chorus. Basically, it is a run down from C to lower G
Provided in the resource -
1. An animated video of the song
2. A PPT version (if you prefer that format)
3. Mp3s of the vocals and backing
4. Lyrics / guitar chords
5. The lead line in notation (Sibelius or Jpeg)
5. The harmony (extension) it’s a walking bass, and its shown in white on the harmony score.