This is a video lecture over the real number system. It covers all sets of the real number system and goes through 4 examples on how to determine the correct sets for a given number. This video can be used in place of instruction and provides uplifting music and visuals so that students can stay engaged!
- Counting, Understanding of Zero and Negative Numbers
- Understanding of concept of fractions
- Understanding decimals with place value
- 8.NS.1 Know that number that are not rational are irrational
- Adding and subtracting rational and irrational numbers, then deciding if the resulting answer is rational or irrational.
- Multiplying and dividing rational and irrational numbers, then deciding if the resulting answer is rational or irrational.
- Plotting real numbers on a number line.