Another great story for the beginning of the year, or anytime, as discussions begin about how to get along with others - and how to handle bullies! This 39 page journal includes constructed response questions, graphic organizers and much more!
- Fiction vs. nonfiction
- What do you know about...
- Questions/Answers while reading
During Reading Activities:
-12 specific comprehension questions
After Reading Activities:
- Beginning, Middle, End
- Character analysis - beginning and end of story
- Compare and contrast
- Cause and effect
- Friendly letter writing - letter to character
- Reader's response writing prompts - text to self
- Book rating pages
- Author's purpose
- Vocabulary word cards to draw/write meaning
- ABC order of vocab. words
- Sentence strips to cut and sequence
- Author's Viewpoint
- Noun Search
- Adjective find
- Main Idea
Can be used in whole, small or individual sessions. Can be used as individual pages or in a packet!