The Red Pyramid Super Bundle on CD. This is a bundle of activities for the novel The Kane Chronicles: The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan.
Buy this SUPER BUNDLE and SAVE MONEY! If you purchased everything separately, it would cost you $45! This is a 25% savings.
FREE SHIPPING!! PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 7 BUSINESS DAYS.
Download our preview for more details!
ALL documents are in PDF to secure the fonts used and purchased clip art.
Comprehension Student Guide and Answer Key
- The Red Pyramid Comprehension Guide (51-pages)
- The Red Pyramid Comprehension Guide Key (25-pages)
- Chapter 32 & 33 Puzzle Activity Handout (1-page)
- Chapter 32 & 33 Puzzle Activity Answer Key (1-page)
The Red Pyramid Introductory Slideshow
This is a 7- page slideshow that helps introduce the novel. This is a PDF slideshow! It is NOT PowerPoint.
- Introductory Slideshow (7 slides; characters, settings, problems, gods/goddesses, etc.)
- How to View Slideshow in PDF (1-page)
Included are over 100 words from the story broken down by chapter, which makes it easy for the students to find the words in the book. You can use the vocabulary words for word studies, spelling, or vocabulary building.
Egyptian Gods and Goddesses Activity
As students read, they are asked to describe each of the gods/goddesses and then include what type of god/goddess they are (Earth, Sun, Sky, etc.).
- Ancient Egyptian Gods/Goddesses Student Handout (2-pages; 17 gods and goddesses)
- Ancient Egyptian Gods/Goddesses Answer Key (2-pages)
Monsters, Devices, and Vocabulary Activity
As they read, students are asked to describe/define a monster, device, or vocabulary word from the story and, if possible, include a drawing/picture. There are over 20 words included in this activity! Some examples are Rosetta Stone, hieroglyphs, Duat, shabti, papyrus, and Ammit the Devourer.
- Monsters, Devices, and Vocabulary Student Handout (3-pages)
- Monsters, Devices, and Vocabulary Answer Key (3-pages)
Main Characters Activity
For this activity, as students read, they are asked to describe the character and then identify the god/goddess each character hosts. The main characters include are Carter Kane, Julius Kane, Amos, Muffin, Sadie, and Ruby Kane.
- Main Characters Student Handout (1-page; 6 characters)
- Main Characters Answer Key (1-page)
Egyptian Hieroglyphs Activity
For this resource, students are asked to draw each of the 15 hieroglyphs. The answer key will provide you with page numbers where the hieroglyphs can be found on. Note: Page numbers may vary between books. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Egyptian Hieroglyphs Student Handout (1-page; 15 hieroglyphs)
- Egyptian Hieroglyphs Answer Key (1-page)
Egyptian Pharaohs Activity
For this activity, students are asked to describe each of the seven pharaohs and identify which kingdom (Old, Middle, or New) the pharaoh ruled in. Included on the student handout is a description of each kingdom. The pharaohs included are Narmer, Khufu, Hatshepsut, Tutankhamen (King Tut), Ramesses, Nectanebu II, and Cleopatra VII.
- Egyptian Pharaohs Student Handout (1-page; 7 pharaohs)
- Egyptian Pharaohs Answer Key (1-page)
The Red Pyramid Project Choices
This is a one-page document that includes six end of the story reading enrichment projects. Each creative project has a description of what needs to be included.
Social Networking Extension Activity
Students will be asked to create a social networking page based on events and characters of the novel.
- Social Networking Directions (1-page)
- Social Networking Template Page (1-page)
- Social Networking Grading Rubric (1-page)
Text Messaging Extension Activity
This activity will have your students send "text" messages to characters in the story and the author, Rick Riordan. This activity is intended to be an engaging extension of the text. Detailed directions will guide your students through this activity. This can also make for an interesting bulletin board.
- The Red Pyramid Text Messaging Handout (2-pages)
This resource includes everything you need to conduct literature circles in your classroom for this novel. Included in this zipped file are some repeated resources for this novel.
- Teacher Tips Handout (2-pages)
- Literature Circles Jobs (1-page)
- Artistic Artist Job Card (1-page; 2 per page)
- Character Captain Job Card (1-page; 2 per page)
- Clever Connector Job Card (1-page; 2 per page)
- Quality Questioner Job Card (1-page; 2 per page)
- Literature Leader Job Card (1-page; 2 per page)
- Word Watcher Job Card (1-page; 2 per page)
- Literature Circles Daily Assignments Handout (2-pages)
- Literature Circles Rubric (1-page)
This activity should be done after the students are finished reading the novel. As players travel along the game board, they will earn "Red Pyramid Points" in a number of ways:
- Spelling the word RED PYRAMID
- Landing on a “Red Pyramid” symbol
- Landing on “Isis” symbol
- Landing on “Eye of Horus” symbol
- Answering questions correctly
Included in this game board extension activity is:
- Colorful Game Board (1-page)
- Game Board Path (for teacher FYI)
- Student Point Sheet (1-page)
- Game Board Directions (1-page; 2 per page)
- 20 Colorful Game Cards
This 5-page resource contains chapter-by-chapter reading discussion questions that you can use with this novel. For the most part, these questions are open-ended and require students to use higher level thinking. Many of the questions put the students in the situations of the main characters.
The Red Pyramid Quick Quiz
This is a five question quiz on the novel. It is not meant to be a comprehensive assessment. It is only meant to be a quick quiz.
- Quick Quiz (1-page; five questions)
- Quick Quiz Answer Key(1-page)
Click HERE for Our Custom Novel Units Bundle! You Pick 3!
Make sure to check out our other novel units!
Novel Unit Custom Bundle That You Make: Pick 5!!
Al Capone Does My Shirts
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Bridge to Terabithia
The Devil’s Arithmetic
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
The Lightning Thief
The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg
Number the Stars
One Crazy Summer
On My Honor
The Red Pyramid
Running Out of Time
Sarah Plain and Tall
A Single Shard
Sideways Stories from Wayside School
Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
The Tiger Rising
The Whipping Boy
The 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones
And click here for even more novel units like the ones listed above!
Visit Our Wise Guys Store
Copyright © Wise Guys. All rights reserved by author. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clip art and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom or personal use ONLY.