Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.92 MB | 63 pages
The Red Room by HG Wells is a complete unit of work with a 63 slide editable PowerPoint presentation and a 23 page booklet of worksheets. English Teaching Resources: The Red Room by HG Wells contains a range of lessons, tasks and activities designed to develop pupil knowledge and understanding of the literary context, plot, characters, language and themes of this widely studied pre-1914 short story.
The Red Room by HG Wells teaching resources include a collection of activities for pupils of all abilities:
- A scheme of work overview with 5 four part lessons covering social, historical and literary context, plot, characters and language
- Analysis of the characters of the narrator and custodians
- Extension activities
- Cloze exercises and questions to consolidate knowledge and understanding
- Literary context understanding influences - the gothic influence - activity and notes
- A copy of the text to display
- Analysing HG Wells' use of language to build mood and suspense in the story
- Essay question with planning guidance
- 5 lesson scheme of work
- A 63 slide PowerPoint presentation
- 23 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint slideshow