Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The illustrated article examines the Protestant Reformation - its origins, its growth, and its impact - Luther and Calvin and their influence - the Counter Reformation - and the political consequences - the religious wars, the rise of monarchs, the emergence of nations, absolute monarchy v. constitutional monarchy, self-government and federalism. Important figures include: Martin Luther, John Calvin, William Tyndale, Ignatius of Loyola, Henry VII, Henry IV, Phillip II, Louis XIV, William & Mary, and John Althusius. Relevant aspects include: 95 Theses, Indulgences, Predestination, Theocracy, The Council of Trent, The Society of Jesus, The Inquisitions, Heresy, The Index of Forbidden Books, The Act of Supremacy, The Thirty Years War, Saint Bartholomew's Day Massacre, The Edict of Nantes, The Spanish Armada, The Divine Right of Kings, The English Civil War, The Glorious Revolution, and The English Bill of Rights. Also includes: Activities, Vocabulary, and Common Core-Aligned Document Based Question Assessments, as well as, Multiple Choice.
- 11 Page Illustrated Article + Vocabulary
- Multiple Choice / DBQ Short Answer Assessment + Answer Key
- Primary Source: from "The 95 Theses"
- Common Core-Aligned DBQ - Short Answer Assessment + Answer Key
- DBQ - Short Answer Scoring Rubric (allows students to score each other's answers)
- "The Wealth and Power of the Church" + 3-2-1 Activity
- Scaffolded Review + Answer Key
- 5 Graphic Organizers: "The Reformation" "The Counter Reformation"
"Protestantism Grows" "New Government Formation"
"The Reformation - Rise or Fall"
- Reformation Crossword + Crossword Key
- "Support from Text" Guide
- Black and White Printables
- No Prep
Store: The Medieval World and Early Modern Times