Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The article explores the possibility that the democratic practices of the United States could have been influenced by Protestant beliefs. It gives as evidence the democratic practices of many Reformation Protestant churches and the Mayflower Compact along with its "... just and equal laws for [the] good of [the] colony." Activities and Assessment included.
- 2-Page Illustrated Article
- Multiple Choice / Document Based Question Assessment + Answer Key
- Short Answer Scoring Rubric (allows students to score each other's answers)
- Crossword + Crossword Key
- "Historical Examination" Form
- "Support from Text" Guide
- "The Mayflower Compact"
- Graphic Organizer: "Four Takeaways"
- Reflective Writing Activity: "3-2-1"
- No Prep - Just Print and Go
Store: The Medieval World and Early Modern Times