The following is a common core-based worksheet on the Reign of Terror during the French Revolution. The lesson contains several activities designed to promote class discussion and critical thinking skills.
Topics covered in this lesson include:
• Slogan of the French Revolution
• French Revolutionary Wars
• Different factions in revolutionary France
• Execution of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette
• Robespierre and the Committee of Public Safety
• Reign of Terror
• The Law of Suspects
• Death of Robespierre and the end of the Terror
Activities utilized in this lesson include:
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Throughout the lesson, students are required to choose a particular faction in Revolutionary France – radical, moderate, or conservative – through which to view the events of this time period.
• Chart analysis
• Several links are provided to three video clips from History’s The French Revolution – questions included.
• Several primary and secondary source readings
• Cooperative group speech writing activity
• Over 15 fact-based and critical thinking questions
• An enormous amount of discussion opportunities.
Since this worksheet is a Word document, you can easily change anything you’d like. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments. Please rate this worksheet if you have a chance and follow me to receive updates when future products are uploaded. Thank you very much!
I also offer the first two lessons in the French Revolution sequence separately...
Causes of the French Revolution - Global/World History Common Core
Moderate Phase of the French Revolution worksheet - Global History Common Core
...or all three lessons bundled together...
Bundle #13 - The French Revolution - Global/World History Common Core